top of page

Fire Safety Talk

Two firefighters Simon and Dermot came from Charlestown fire station to talk to third and fourth class about fire safety in our homes.
We learned that chip pans and deep fat fryers are the most dangerous utensils to use for cooking. We also learned that cables and water do not mix and can be unsafe around children. Also candles should not be out of sight or behind a curtain.
Chargers left plugged in for too long can go on fire and we need to be careful with extension leads.
It is also very important to have a clear path out of the house.
The talk was very informative.

bottom of page